Vision therapy with Dr. Nakada comprises of an individualized program of exercises that help your eye muscles become stronger so that you no longer have to work so hard to see. After a visual efficiency evaluation in which we find out your specific strengths and weaknesses, we work together to make it easy for you to fulfill your visual needs at work, school, hobbies, or sports. If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you could benefit from vision therapy.
With the help of vision therapy, you could read comfortably and effortlessly. This is the process of how our eyes and brain should work together:
- Do your eyes feel tired after reading for twenty minutes?
- Do the words on the page get blurry and swim around?
- Do you get headaches from doing close work?
If your eye muscles are weak, then it takes a lot of energy for you to get that clear image. Thus, it takes longer for you to interpret what you just saw. So after a little while, your eyes will become tired from the extra work and produce a headache. Vision therapy may be what you need. Give us a call if you have any more questions or would like an appointment.
- When you look at an object, your eye muscles must coordinate and focus so that your brain can see a clear image of that object.
- Your brain then interprets what that object means to you.